Valentine’s at Herron: from Dungeons and Dragons to Fazoli’s

Valentine’s Day symbolizes love and appreciation, and on February 14th the students and teachers celebrated this romantic holiday in many different ways.

Married teachers have a variety of ideas for how to show your special someone some love on Valentine’s Day. English teacher Austin Flynn celebrates with his wife by going out to dinner–preferably somewhere new and exciting.

“We love to go to downtown Irvington or downtown Indianapolis,” Flynn said.

This year, Flynn didn’t just treat his wife to dinner. He followed up the meal by surprising her with a Dungeons and Dragons booklet because they’re “both nerds.”

Dean of Student Accountability Emanuel Harper recommends Fazoli’s for date night, or any night. According to Harper, the “amazing” breadsticks are sure to win over hearts. If Fazoli’s won’t cut it, follow the advice of senior Blake Johnson, who takes his girlfriend “wherever she wants to go.”

Valentine’s Day isn’t just for lovers; Many Herron students spent the day celebrating their friends by exchanging cards, sweets, and gifts.

“Absolutely, I like to hand out things to my friends,” said sophomore Aurora Hibbert Scott. “It’s just about appreciating peeps in your life.”

Just because Valentine’s Day is over, doesn’t mean you have to stop celebrating.

“I don’t there should be one day you care about someone; it should be all through the year,” Harper advises. “All couples should try to make sure their significant other knows how much they’re loved.”